The ministry is perhaps the single most stressful and frustrating working profession. Most statistics say that 60% to 80% of those who enter the ministry will not still be in it 10 years later, and only a fraction will stay in it as a lifetime career. Pastors are often so stressed and burned out that they regularly consider leaving the ministry. Consider the following:
• 89% of the pastors surveyed considered leaving the ministry at one time
• 57% said they would leave if they had a better place to go, including secular work
• 77% felt they did not have a good marriage; 38% were divorced or currently in process of divorcing
• 71% stated they were burned out, and they battle depression beyond fatigue on a weekly and even a daily basis
• 23% said they felt happy and content on a regular basis
As a pastor and therapist, I know full well the challenges you face, and will work with you to restore you to well-being.